Old July 25th 03, 04:26 PM
Drew Hamilton

Default Canadians: Estimate monthly costs?

Hi there,

I'm hoping that someone who owns an aircraft in Canada (pref. Toronto area) can
give me some hints. I'm just trying to get a ballpark estimate of the costs
involved in airplane ownership. How much do you pay for insurance? Tie
down/hangar fees? What kind of financing (if any) were you able to get on
your airplane (I don't own a house so the plane itself would have to be
collateral)? Hell, I don't even know how much a gallon of gas costs. What
about licensing fees or Nav Canada fees? Annual inspections?

I guess, what it comes down to is: How much per month should I expect to
pay and how much per hour (assuming that I pay myself each hour to save
up for overhauls/repairs/whatnot) will it cost to operate for a single-engine
4-seater like a C-182 or such?

- awh