Old February 22nd 05, 04:29 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Roy Smith" wrote in message

The distance shown on the profile view from the FAF (JONNY) to the MAP
should be changed from 4.9 NM to 4.57 (bottom-right of the plate).
They leave it to you to work out new timings. At 90 kts, it's a
change from 3:16 to 3:03. There's no information as to *WHY* they
moved the MAP, but if you're still using the old timing, you're going
to drive 15 seconds past the MAP before starting your missed.

They moved the MAP because they moved the runway threshold, runway 2/20 has
been lengthened. The plate still shows the length as 6503 feet but AirNav
shows it to be 8012 feet. I have to wonder why that isn't included in the
NOTAM.

These changes are "WIth Effect Until Further Notice.". That's
probably the reason Jepp decided to issue a new chart. My guess is
that the S-ILS minimums will come back some day, perhaps after some
transmitter or antenna is repaired, and/or some flight testing can be
done. But there's no date scheduled.

I'd expect the S-ILS minima will be back after the glideslope is moved a
quarter mile north.