Old August 6th 08, 09:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Pattern for IFR

Benjamin Dover wrote:
Sam Spade wrote in
:

Mxsmanic wrote:

I've been cleared for a visual approach (said exactly that way
"cleared for the visual approach") in the past after being descended
to a few thousand feet above the field and while moving roughly in a
downwind pattern, but only after I've confirmed that I have the field
in sight. So this procedure mystified me.

How did you do that when you don't have a airman's certificate?
...some flight simulator game?

Anthony only flies MSFS and uses VATSIM. He has deluded himself into
thinking he is a pilot from his vast experience with those games.

He probably knows all about thunderstorm avoidance, too. And, icy
winter runways, etc, and ad nasueum.

Maybe he can tell us all about his RNP SAAAR (excuese me, "SA" in
ICAO-speak) qualifications and vast operating experience.