View Single Post
Old February 12th 20, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac
external usenet poster

Default Electronic TE compensation, will this work?

I am working through and investigating a leaking TE line in my ship. Leak tested the TE line and it seem to be wide open. Still have some more testing to do but as of now my feeling is the leak is in the fin and completely inaccessible. I think its leaking at the back of the TE port in the fin.

I have an LXNav S100 installed and I am curious if the electronic TE compensation on it might help or work for me. If the leak is at the back of the TE port in the fin then it is basically acting as a static port pulling pressure from the inside of the fin. I read that for electronic TE to work right the static and pitot should be co-located (multiprobe). If the TE line is indeed leaking at the back of the TE port, which is right below the pitot port, then this would be pretty close to a multiprobe setup since the sources are so close and both on the fin.

So, any idea if this will work for me to get at least a somewhat compensated vario?

The plumbing in the ship now for TE line is:
TE line from fin and split under seat pan. One line going to the S100 and the other to a Winter mechanical vario (with flask)