Old February 12th 20, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

Default Electronic TE compensation, will this work?

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 8:34:53 AM UTC-8, SoaringXCellence wrote:
Look at the manual!

If you're going to use the electronic compensation you need to plumb the static to both the static port and TE port on the s100, with the Pitot line to the Pitot port.

The ships TE line is not attached to the S100 if you're using electronic compensation.

I have read it multiple times. My ship is plumbed for pneumatic compensation right now. everything is plumbed correctly. But, since my TE is leaking somewhere in the fin the TE line is no longer working as it should and it is basically acting as a static now. So, with the TE line acting as a static and with it currently being plugged into the TE line in the S100 (like the manual says) it should already be plumbed for electronic compensation. Although, this is not standard or ideal. That all said, I am just wondering what will happen if it go ahead and switch on the electronic compensation. Obviously its not going to be great or super accurate because im not using a proper static in located in the fin or multiprobe in the fin as intended. Basically, I have a TE line in the fin that is leaking and I have zero access too and i am looking for options to get some sort of TE compensation