Old February 2nd 04, 02:49 PM
Mike Rapoport

Default Rotating Beacon vs. Flashing Beacon

My upper rotating beacon has stopped rotating and I am debating whether to
overhaul it or replace it with one of the new Whelen flashing beacons. The
flashing beacons are all solid state with no moving parts but cost $800 and
I am also concerned about noise since the beacon is located a few inches
from the COM1 antenna. Has anyone replaced a beacon with the new flashing
type? How far from your COM antenna is it? Is there any noise on the COM?
A question for the electronics gurus: Do I even need to be concerned with
noise?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
MU-2