Old March 13th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Default MSFS2004 question

schreef:
On Mar 13, 8:01 am, "Dick" wrote:
where can I get the steps involved with putting a zipped 601hd flight sim
download to my MSFS 2004? thanks.

www.zenithair.com has a link to flight sim downloads of the 601. It's
a pretty fun little sim plane that "handles" well in the simulator,
ie, is not twitchy or weird or otherwise hard to control with a
joystick/rudder pedals.

I think that's not really an answer to the question.
As I read the original post, it seems that one of these files has been
downloaded, but that now the O/P is unsure how to install it.

My answer: most of these files are compressed archives. Uncompress it,
then check for a README file or such. Often, there is a directory
"CH601" (or whatever) in the archive, that you can simply drag and drop
into place in your FS directory tree. No other action is required.
If the designer created a separate instrument panel, it may be necessary
to copy some files into the GAUGES directory.

Good luck!