Old July 22nd 03, 11:30 PM
Larry Smith

"Salem Farm & Garden" wrote in message
news:UEXSa.113637$N7.15714@sccrnsc03...
Does anyone have an opinion of the LOM 180-250 hp engines? I am thinking
about a homebuilt and like the price but have never seen one in person or
talked with someone who flew behind one.

Here's a LOM you can listen to:

http://www.weebeastie.com/hatzcb1/snootvid.html

Prop turns backwards, though, and the snooty Hatz probably flies backwards.

Chris Heintz's 4-place STOL 801 is a candidate for the LOM too and several
examples can be seen by googling "LOM aircraft engine" under the images
topic.

The big LOMs are supercharged and the cases are magnesium alloy. I heard
one performing in a Zlin at Rutherfordton. Damn, did it sound good.