Old November 12th 04, 07:49 PM
jls

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
jls wrote:

"Richard Hertz" no one@no one.com wrote in message
. net...

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

In article ,
"Peter Duniho" wrote:

Legalized abortion has in the long-run made our country safer, not

less
so.

not for the children killed during the abortion.

What is the definition of a child? (from a legal standpoint)

--
Bob Noel

He doesn't know, obviously, but at common law the foetus or embryo has

never
been treated as a child. In some cases the foetus when "quickened," i.

e.,
capable of living outside of the uterus, has been viewed as a human

being
within the purview of the homicide laws.

foetus??? You don't even know how to spell what you are talking about.

Matt

Ah, my poor klutz, I was using the original uncorrupted Latin spelling:

fetus also foetus (fê´tes) noun
plural fetuses
1.The unborn young of a viviparous vertebrate having a basic structural
resemblance to the adult animal.
2.In human beings, the unborn young from the end of the eighth week after
conception to the moment of birth, as distinguished from the earlier embryo.

[Middle English, from Latin.]