Old April 9th 04, 11:40 PM
George Vranek

"Bob Kuykendall" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
Earlier, "bsquared" wrote:

I hate to disagree with you, but sailplanes
are "powered" by gravity, not the sun.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree, then. To say that gliders
are powered by gravity would have to involve a definition of power
with which I am not familiar.

Bob K.

Just imagine: You are flying a glider equipped with a gravity switch. So
long, as you let the gravity switch is in position "on", everything is as
usual. But what happens, if you switch the gravity off? Due to the drag, the
speed will go to zero, the controlls became ineffective and the glider will
float uncontrollable as a free balloon. It means: Without the gravity, no
gliding and no soaring is possible. What a horror imagination!!!!

George