Old February 24th 05, 05:30 PM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:03:54 GMT, "Capt.Doug"
wrote:

"Jürgen Exner" wrote in message
All the other answers set aside, nobody mentioned a rather obvious

problem:
Apparently you don't have a pilot license of the Commonwealth of the
Bahamas. Do you know for certain that your license from whatever country
(your didn't say) will be accepted by Bahaman authorities and in turn by

the
FBO?

Most single-engine planes operating in the Bahamas maintain their US
registration. Quite a few twins also maintain their US registration. It
makes resale much easier.

D.

REPEAT POST as I deleted some of my last message ;-(

You might like to look at this website:
http://www.stellamarisresort.com/privatepilots.htm

When I last visited Stella Maris, some years ago, they had a 172 for
rental but more expensive than the US. May still be worth an e-mail.
At that time the resort was run by a pilot and a scuba diver but I've
no idea if it's changed.

David
G-BHJO, Scotland UK