Old October 3rd 05, 10:16 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Garret" wrote in message

Turning left at CEPIN certainly makes intuitive sense, but if that's the
right thing to do then why is MENLO-CEPIN not marked NoPT?
There are three (and only three) possibilities:

1. You are required to turn right at CEPIN and hold at DUMBA.
2. The absence of a NoPT designation is meaningless.
3. MENLO-CEPIN should be marked NoPT; the fact that it isn't is a
mistake.

Given that the ILS 28L approach has an almost identical segment
(MENLO-HEMAN) that IS marked NoPT my money is on #3.

I don't see why MENLO..HEMAN should be marked NoPT. If you're beginning the
ILS RWY 28R at MENLO you're not going to cross the holding fix DUMBA.