Old June 17th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting

Default SPOT messenger

Hi Paul
Spot does not attach to glider straps because the Spot clip is too
small and I thank you Paul for making available the pouch. I have had
a Spot for about a month now and have used it on most flights. It
mostly works well but as with most items not designed for aviation it
is not perfect for that application. Soaring from Parowan to Minden
today the girls were monitoring my flight using the tracking mode and
well into the flight the received tracks, instead of being close to
real time, stopped coming for an hour and the girls started to worry.
About 1 hour later the system caught up and the missing tracks
appeared. Regardless the Spot is a very useful device and I will not
fly without it. I am sure the bugs will be worked out.
Dave