Old May 16th 14, 11:59 AM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,rec.aviation.piloting
Ann Marie Brest

Default How does a wet cloth really help (scientifically) to survive anairplane crash?

On Thu, 15 May 2014 21:46:22 -0700, Bob F wrote:

Inhaled particulate matter can without a doubt do significant damage.

I would tend to wish to agree, since we've all heard about firefighters
being treated for "smoke inhalation".

However, if particulates were a thread to life, why wouldn't the FAA
and the other cabin fire articles previously posted mention smoke
particles as anything more than an irritant?

Science, being what science is, doesn't always agree with our gut
feelings.