Old May 8th 05, 11:24 PM
Beav

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Beav" wrote in message

"Simon Robbins" wrote in message
"Beav" wrote in message

"I"? I thought this was for your friend? :-)) Anyway, the simple
answer
is
"Lots". Over here in the UK, we'd expect to pay around 15,000 GBP

(around
30
grand US) just for starters.

£15k will get you the PPL easily, but bear in mind he's asking about
how
much it would cost before he could start earning from it.

Too right Si, which is why I added the "for starters" bit. At 53, it's
not

"career path" I'd be lusting after anyway.

It's hard to get hire into ANY new career at 53, much less one that would
take a few years to build up enough experience to compete with people 20
years your junior.

Agreed, but anyone who's not dipped his feet into aviation could be forgiven
for thinking that it's not a lot different for any other career. They soon
discover the costs are more than the likely rewards and that time really IS
an issue, so age is a barrier.

Those questions do make for a discussion though, and seeing as RAH has been
a bit "light on the skids" of late, that's a good thing

Beav