Old February 9th 05, 01:07 AM
Thomas Schoene

Pechs1 wrote:
damron- It is very likely that the dhow was sitting dead in the
water, no lights, no
radar reflector, no crewman on watch, no radio, no flares, no clue.

Little craft share in the responsibility for their own safety.
BRBR

I doubt the CO of the dhow knew that under international rules of the
road, a CV dring flight ops has the right of way. Too bad the CO of
the Kennedy got slammed, but it's 'lonely at the top'.

I'll wager that the CO's relief had less to do with rules of the road than
with letting an unknown small craft run into his ship (or vice versa) in the
Persian Gulf after the Cole bombing. That's a major force protection faux
pas.

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when
wrong to be put right." - Senator Carl Schurz, 1872