Old October 4th 15, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ClearNav CNv software updates available

Now you've got me thinking...

Is the thermal assistant transmitted via the serial port? Perhaps
XCSoar will be able to use the data for its thermal assistant (at least
if the developers think it's better than the one they provide).

I hope Max is listening...

On 10/3/2015 8:47 PM, Tango Eight wrote:
On Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 8:36:48 AM UTC-4, joesimmers wrote:
Evan, will the thermal assistant display on the main CN screen if
that is coupled to the CNV?

Or will it be necessary to purchase the new style Nav Display
for the CNV to use the assistant?

We need to figure this out oursselves :-).

The TA was developed on NAV because that was the convenient platform. It exceeded expectations in alpha testing, we wanted to get it out in the real world as quickly as possible. We aren't finished by any stretch, this is a beta.

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi

--
Dan, 5J