Old March 20th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Arrow Fuel Injection question

On 19-Mar-2006, "Paul kgyy" wrote:

My Arrow has recently tended to run on for a while when I pull the
mixture back to stop it. Has anyone encountered this, and can tell me a
solution?

My mechanic says the fuel injection system probably needs overhaul -
anyone know what that costs?

We have never encountered that problem in our Arrow, and your mechanic may
certainly be right. A few years ago we had a problem that our mechanic
initially THOUGHT was in the FI system. IIRC, he told us at the time that
the system overhaul would run around $600. Turns out the problem was
something else, so we never had to do the FI overhaul.

Sounds to me like your cutoff seating is leaking in the FI system. If the
engine runs and performs properly otherwise, I don't see why this would
require a full system overhaul, but I'm hardly an expert. I presume your
mechanic has verified that the problem is not simply a slippage on the
mixture control cable so that you can't pull the control totally into
cutoff.

-Elliott Drucker