Old July 16th 03, 12:18 AM
RobertR237

In article , "LFOD76"
writes:

The rough strips are important, I'm a farmer in the appalachian mountains of
pennsylvania, our land is not very flat and it looks like some bulldozing
will be required to make a safe strip. Our local grass strip is run(?) by
an FBO that let the grass get over 2+ feet tall and told my uncle (with the
rv4) it was safe to land. In fact the RV felt like it wanted to go belly up
when it was landed there.

So that is why STOL is important to me, I'd rather take my chances on my own
strip, that I'll maintain myself. I dont think I could ever safely land the
RV-4 here.

Based on everything that you have said, I would recommend the Bearhawk. I am
not that convinced the RV-10 would be that good on rough fields. The Bearhawk
looks to be an outstanding aircraft for rough fields but not sure if it has
STOL capabilities. If you don't mind damn ugly airplanes, the Zenith CH 801
would be a good choice.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)