Old September 22nd 15, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Advertising for tow pilots

like many clubs, we have troubles finding enough tow pilots. We have a Pawnee tow plane so we need to find the ever fewer pilots that are tailwheel qualified, and meet the insurance minimums. The other big issue is finding the candidate pilots that are qualified and interested in spending their weekend days with the club for no pay, just fun flying hours, many take offs and landings, a bit of standing around waiting and hopefully camaraderie. [in other words: horrible working conditions ;-) ]
I was looking for ideas on where to find our recruiting pool?
I was also considering what we could do if we budgeted a few hundred bucks a year for advertising, where we could reach candidates? Want ads in power flying publications? agricultural pilot/crop duster schools/organizations/companies, regular ads, online ads via facebook, google etc [hopefully somewhat narrowly targeted], any specific web sites,
' etc...
please share your ideas and or success stories.
Chris