Old February 7th 05, 01:32 AM
Mike Rapoport

The markup at the FBO level is generally about $1. The marinas here are
all connected to gas stations and pump from the same tank. They still
charge a lot more if you pump it into a boat instead of a car.

Mike
MU-2

"Icebound" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
k.net...

Anyway, avitaion fuel prices probably have more markup at the FBO level
than actual petoleum cost.

That may or may not be true.

The line up at an auto-gasoline station is more or less continuous
throughout the day, every day. Big volume. Good deals from the
wholesaler.

I am not sure that can be said at the GA FBO. Is his volume great enough
that the wholesaler is chomping at the bit to supply him?

I don't know the GA FBO business, but I know of marinas in this neck of
the woods where their "wholesale" COST per gallon (okay, per litre) is
actually similar to what the same unleaded gas costs the
*motorist-at-the-pump" on the highway.... simply because their volume is
(relatively) too low to be worth the delivery-truck's bother.