Old July 9th 04, 02:38 PM

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 01:12:01 GMT, wrote:

While eating too much most certainly is a factor, its not the only
factor. I'm not a doctor, but I have seen numerous very obese people
eating like birds and I'm sitting there eating like a pig. By this
doctor's opinion, I should be three or four times as big as the fat
people, but I'm not. I don't think they had any problems with their
glands, just a low metabolism.

Perhaps, but you are only seeing one portion of one meal. The body
literally cannot become obese without the necessary fuel. Somehow
somewhere these people are picking up excess calories.

I know lots of people who successfully maintain a calorie count all
day, and then go home and eat a quart of ice cream, or several slices
of cake or both just before bed. Not only is the cake and ice cream
excessively rich in calories, it's consumed before sleeping when of
course no physical activity occurs that might ameliorate the caloric
intake.

How many overweight people do you see in the Sudan?

Corky Scott