Old February 6th 05, 01:59 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, Morgans posted:

"Kyle Boatright" wrote

The result might be "Spins and recovers
nicely" or "Don't spin it.", but if I was laying out a few hundred
thousand dollars, I'd like to have a better answer than "If it
happens, you can pull the red handle, or you can be a test pilot."

Most fatal spins are low altitude, takeoff and landing stall /spins.
There is not enough altitude to recover with spin recoveries, or the
chute, so what does it really matter, anyway?

It matters some because "most" spins are not "all" spins. It is important
to know how to recover from a spin, and in that regard, Cirrus has
indicated how that is done in their aircraft; pull the 'chute. I fail to
see why it is a point of debate for those of us who aren't a part of their
testing program.

Neil