Old May 15th 15, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

Default alternative to iGlide for iPhone (6 plus)

here's another bug I filed today.

Aktualisiert von: Marc Förderer, 15. Mai, 17:21:
Hi,

I have. It can be resolved with changing the filter (as a workarround).

We'll change that. Thanks for the help!
Marc

Aktualisiert von: Bob Pasker, 15. Mai, 17:20:
lite on iphone6

have you been able to reproduce?

Aktualisiert von: Marc Förderer, 15. Mai, 16:05:
(If you set the data filter to lets say 3000km, you will of course be able to work around that, yet this is not what we want / no general solution)

Marc

Aktualisiert von: Marc Förderer, 15. Mai, 15:57:
What version do you use? Which device?

I suspect iGlide lite on iPhone?

Sorry for the guessing.
Marc

Aktualisiert von: Bob Pasker, 15. Mai, 14:54:
also, i don't know if I can reproduce the problem without taking another 1500km trip!

On May 15, 2015, at 8:52 AM, Bob Pasker wrote:

Am I missing something?

Aktualisiert von: Bob Pasker, 15. Mai, 14:53:
Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone

Anhänge
image1.PNG

Aktualisiert von: Marc Förderer, 15. Mai, 14:46:
What happens if you go to Menu route clear route?

Will it "work" afterwards?

Marc

Aktualisiert von: Bob Pasker, 15. Mai, 14:40:
There should never be any reason why I can't clear the destination! But the answer is yes it had a GPS lock.

Sent from my iPhone

Aktualisiert von: Marc Förderer, 15. Mai, 14:31:
In the second city, did you have a current position in iGlide? Was there a GPS-Signal?

A reason for this behavior would be that iGlide did not get a current GPS position.

Marc

Aktualisiert von: Bob Pasker, 15. Mai, 14:04:
i don't understand the question. I flew from one city to another. when I turned on iGlide, i could not clear the previous destination

Aktualisiert von: Marc Förderer, 15. Mai, 13:51:
maybe I got you wrong, did you have a valid position after being 1500km away?

Marc

Aktualisiert von: Bob Pasker, 15. Mai, 13:46:
its not intended to be used in two different places?

Aktualisiert von: Marc Förderer, 15. Mai, 13:45:
Hi Bob,

thanks for the info. We'll fix that, but well, the app is not intended for this purpose.

Cheers
Marc

Aktualisiert von: Bob Pasker, 15. Mai, 13:23:
1. set a waypoint X as a destination in iGlide
2. do a bunch of soaring
3. with the destination still turned enabled, turn off the app
4. fly commercial aircraft to another city 1500km away
5. turn on the app
6. destination X remains selected, destination is 1500km away.
7. touch "NEAREST" to select a new destination. all nearby waypoints are invisible because the data filter is set to 500km, so all you see are airports 1,000km away

the only way I found to clear the fix was to delete the app and reinstall it, which of course deleted all of my data/preferences