Old July 20th 05, 03:27 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Richard Kaplan" wrote in message
news:1121823244.3f20b0e8e6c677a1a5f1609735509f17@t eranews...

Favor or not, changing a clearance in this type of weather is serious
business. The controller ought to fix the problem by being more proactive
in proposing solutions to the pilot.

In what type of weather? Nothing in the OP indicated the pilot was in any
significant weather at that point. The pilot wanted to fly from HGR to THV.
Normally such flights are taken north over SCAPE to avoid Camp David but
there was weather affecting that route. So he filed a route to the south to
avoid the weather, HGR..MRB..EMI..THV. The problem with that route is it
goes through Potomac approach.

Hell, am I the only one that ever consults a map in these discussions?

Or by convincing Potomac to work harder to fix their error.

He tried as hard as he could, Potomac approach made no error.

The pilot did not need the extra workload;

There is no extra workload on the pilot.

it would have been better for
ATC to work harder with Potomac

He made a maximum effort.

or else for ATC to propose a routing to
the pilot.

ATC will do that as soon as the pilot decides where he wants to go.

That is obvious.

Then why did I have to explain it?

The pilot wants to efficiently get to his destination.
If ATC cannot honor their initial clearance then they should propose
workable alternatives. It is obvious this is what the pilot wants.

That is not obvious. The pilot may want to divert to another airport. The
pilot has to tell the controller what he wants.

I've explained this many times. Are you even trying to understand it, or
are you just being argumentative?