Old October 12th 05, 11:54 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Daniel Roesen" wrote in message

It's the localizer, not a fix.

Localizer identifiers are in the book, LLZ is not. You seem reluctant to
identify this airport. Why?

Probably. Does that matter? Point being that I'm on hdg 150 towards
intercepting the localizer on 4000ft when being cleared for ILS. As
this is radar vectoring and my position not on a published procedure
track until I did capture the localizer and am established on FAC,
I understand that I'm not allowed to descend on my own. In my scenary
I would have the glideslope falling thru while I'm still heading for
localizer, so I may not descend. Ergo I can descend only at a time
when the GS is already below me.

Yes, the point of interception does matter. Aircraft are to be vectored to
intercept the localizer at a point no closer than three miles outside the
FAF and at an altitude not above the glideslope or below the minimum
glideslope intercept altitude specified on the IAP. At 4000 you seem a bit
too high.