Old July 1st 10, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Scott Braddock

Default Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sender

Mike Spera wrote:
Still trying to track down a high oil temp reading. I would like to get a
new temp sender to swap out. Too lazy to rig up the hot plate, thermometer,
etc. to test the old one. Part has a number of 362-EW. Same number is on a
friend's Arrow. Methinks most/all cherokees may use the same one. Anyone
have a Piper part number and/or asource for a new one?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

My Feb. 1995 Cherokee parts catalog shows the sending unit on Figure 68,
"Electrical System Installation", item #63: "Gauge-Engine Unit, Oil
Temperature" Depending on your Serial # ( 20550, or 20550 ), it shows
Piper part # 462-046, or 550-487 (mfg's part #'s 1514976, or 362-EW).
Bear in mind all of those #'s have probably been superceded by now, but
perhaps a Piper dealer or Lycoming distributor can take you from there.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane