Old July 14th 20, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Schrader[_2_]

Default Tow Pilots and CFIG Wanted at Sandhill Soaring Club (Michigan)

On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 2:35:16 PM UTC-4, Charles Longley wrote:
So you want someone to provide professional services for free?

We are a non-profit gliding club. Our CFIG do provide professional services for free and are every bit as professional as any CFIG I've ever met during my 20 years of gliding at, at least, five gliding clubs and one commercial operation. These individuals are not in it for the money rather the joy of sharing the sport with others and giving back to their community.

I have no criticism for commercial operations, in fact they're needed! Some clubs allow CFIG to make private arrangements with their members to instruct as independent contractors. I have no issue with that either. Our club chooses not to go that route and prefers to remain a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

- Chris Schrader