Old August 3rd 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Michelle

Default Missing flight plans

"Wizard of Draws" wrote in
message news:C0F6CE43.89355%jeffbREMOVETHIS@REMOVEALSOwiza rdofdraws.com...

Some time ago on a cross-country that took me near, not into,
Chattanooga's
airspace, I notified them where I was as a courtesy. They gave me a code
squawk. After I was well clear of their airspace, they told me to resume
own
navigation. Fat, dumb and happy, I squawked 1200 and went on to land at my
home base. After I hanging out a bit, the airport manager came up to me
and
chewed me out for not closing my flight plan. I guess Chattanooga opened
one
for me.

You were on a cross-country without a flight plan?

Michelle S.