Old March 9th 04, 06:08 PM
Ron

Heathcare is far from free! Just check our income tax rates. At least
in Canada everyones in the same boat and is covered. Your not turned away
at the door if you don't have a healthy bank account or credit card. You
won't get any support in Canada if you try and tamper with our medicare
system. We spend less per capita on Medicare than you do in the USA under
your system. Anyway, this doesn't have much to do with a military aviation
newsgroup, does it!

No, it doesn't, but one quick note, it is illegal for any health care
provider in the
US to refuse to treat someone for an acute condition. And we do not have
long waiting lists for procedures.

Al Minyard

When I used to do EMS flying, it was that way too. Once public authority such
as police, fire, ambulance, emt, hospital called us for a flight, we had to go.
There was no finding out first if there would be payment guaranteed. That was
an issue to be worked out after the flight.

Ron
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)