Old March 9th 04, 07:04 PM
Ed Majden

"Ron"
When I used to do EMS flying, it was that way too. Once public authority

such
as police, fire, ambulance, emt, hospital called us for a flight, we had

to go.
There was no finding out first if there would be payment guaranteed.

That was
an issue to be worked out after the flight.

Ron
I agree that emmergency treatment is always available, but what about
long term follow-up treatment? If you can't pay for the 50K operation, (non
emmergency), what happens then? What about the high drug costs in the U.S.,
the highest in the world. Your probably going to say that the drug
companies need the money for research. In many cases this research is
funded by governments but the drug companies make the profits. Several U.S.
states are shopping in Canada now for drugs at the peral of creating
shortages in Canada. Anyway, what the hell has this topic got to do with
the rec.aviation.military newsgroup?????????
Ed
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)