Old July 2nd 03, 10:24 PM
Kevin Brooks

(JGB) wrote in message . com...
(Kevin Brooks) wrote in message . com...
wrote in message . ..
On 30 Jun 2003 18:31:07 -0700,
(Kevin Brooks)
wrote:

(Quant) wrote in message . com...
This post is specially for brooks.

Hebrew:
http://www.globes.co.il/serve/globes...asp?did=701548

Israel Aircraft Industries was excluded from the Airbus 380 project
because of a political decision of the goverment of Israel to buy only
Boeing planes by El Al.

What brand of cheese do you prefer to go with that whine? Hey, turn
down the billions in US dollars your nation receives each year from
the US taxpayers, then you can come back and whine about losing out on
this contract as much as you want

So you acknowledge that "aid" to Israel is nothing but a quid pro quo.

LOL! Not hardly. You need to retake that course in logic--the salient
points apparently did not stick with you. I am merely pointing out
that whining about your economic/military dependency upon the US and
any negative impacts can easily be rendered moot by declaring you
won't accept further US aid (like *that* will ever happen).

Sure it can happen, when the US stops selling the Arab states surrounding
Israel, and still technically at war with Israel, three times as much US
arms in dollar terms that sells it to Israel.

But which the largest part of is paid for by US taxpayers; odd idea w
the concept of "selling" stuff to Israel, IMO.

The MAIN reason why Israel
gets $3B in aid annually is so that US defense contactors can sell Egypt,
Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Jordan $5 billion in arms annually without
opposition from AIPAC, or increased Israel arms sales to China and other
states we'd rather they not sell their own advanced technologies to.
It IS quid pro quo, and not just based on sentiments.

Come now. We were providing extensive monetary aid to Israel before we
started selling major/modern arms to the neighboring Arabs. From what
I can recall, israel held out quite firmly for a significant aid
increase and additional one-time funds (i.e., paying for new airbases
to replace those lost when they gave up the Sinai) before they would
agree to sign the peace treaty with Egypt (Carter being oh-so-willing
to pay that tribute in return for his moment of glory).

Brooks