Old April 2nd 04, 06:55 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

I don't know that I can completely agree with you, I've heard the issue
about hold practice, from grey haired CFI's and regular G.A. pilots,,,, they
all seem to say the same thing about holds.

I know what you are saying, but realistically, how many times have have you
been asked to hold at a towered airport because traffic load was so
prohibitive. I've only been flying since 2000, but in my personal flying
I've only ever been asked to hold because of traffic, once!,,, EVER...

Yep,,, missed approach holds,,, okay maybe there... but I don't think most
of us are going to be flying anywhere near to minimums and will be able to
make the runway just fine on the first try, since most of us are REALLY
REALLY good :-. Okay,,, kind of kidding,,,, I know that we are supposed
to handle missed approaches as if they are the norm and a landing on the
first try as unexpected.... yada yada yada....

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

experience.

Hilton