Old March 24th 04, 06:39 PM
Andrew Gideon

Jay Honeck wrote:

I rather doubt that AOPA;'s contribution was large enough for them to
want to buy back the airplanes. I don't know if Boston lawyers bill
$400 an hour, but I am sure they earn more an hour than I do in a day.

As always, only the lawyers win.

I see AOPA making claims about contributions that aren't enough to help the
pilots keep their planes. In other words, in a twisted way, AOPA is
getting something (for very little) out of this too.

So what does "a substantial contribution" mean if the pilots are having this
much trouble with what is left of the bill? Why not simply provide the
legal staff free of charge? AOPA does have lawyers on staff, no?

- Andrew