Old April 15th 04, 12:05 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 04:29:02 GMT, (Ben Jackson) wrote:

I'm not sure about the CDI, but you can use its builtin annunciator if it's
close enough to the other instruments. IIRC the edge of the unit needs to
be within 11" of the center of the yoke.

My reading of the install manual indicates that an external CDI/HSI and GS
are required for IFR operations. No external annunciators are required
depending on the exact position of the unit, as you mentioned.