Old April 25th 04, 05:29 PM
Thomas Borchert

C,

The FAA nearly grounded Cirrus with
the first rash of accidents.

Any source to prove that statement? I doubt it is true.

The pilot in Florida had 600 hours in type, was instrument rated, and was a
founder of the Cirrus Pilots Association. That does not fit the description
of "more money than skill."

So?

The Cirrus cannot recover from a spin or even an incipient spin.

Oh? So you did the certification flights that the company didn't do? Or how
do you know that?

Sorry, but while the Cirrus might well prove to be less safe than other
planes, I just can't stand this cheap propaganda. The Cirrus CAN recover from
a spin - it's a certification requirement! It is fulfilled by pulling the
chute. No other methods of recovery were officially tested. The FAA was
satisfied.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)