Old December 2nd 04, 04:40 AM
T.Roger

I'm analogizing buying a plane with buying a car. I test-drove my Lexus
before I bought it and I wouldn't have purchased it otherwise. Why in hell
would I buy a Piper without a demo?

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
I am a licensed real estate agent. You would be amazed at some of the
people
walking in planning to buy a $200,000 home but have bad credit, no income,
$25,000 in credit card debt, etc.

I learned pretty quickly not to bother with someone who isn't
pre-qualified.

There is a saying in the business "Buyers are Liars".

I'm sure Piper, Cirrus and Tiger think you're another wanabe who wants a
free ride in one of their planes. They need some way to weed out the
rif-raf, and unfortunately, you're looking alot like rif-raf.

"Dan Engleman" wrote in message

"T.Roger" wrote in message
. com...
I don't have my ticket yet -- and I'm really committed because I want to
buy
my own plane to train and fly -- and I want to take advantage of the
tax
write-off about to expire at year end.///

I've been at this since August.
But, hell, they're not making it easy.

Hey T. Roger,

I feel your pain (well kinda). I mess with a little real estate and run

into
the same thing. In order to look at a property
you must be "pre-qualified" with many brokers. Well.......I may pay cash.

So
I am not going to go through the process of filling out a credit
application, etc.

There is a trade off on this though. Real estate agents and aircraft

dealers
don't have time to mess with all the "flakes" who would like to buy
something, but don't have the resourses.
You made the statement about "trying" to get financing for a 200k
purchase.....they probably picked up on that. Most people who want to
make

200k purchase don't have any doubt about getting the money, as I don't

have
any doubt about getting the money for real estate purchases.

Perhaps if you were a little more circumspect with them?????

Of course if you are 22 years old you will have to prove that you are a

rock
star, professional athlete, etc. :-)

Good luck,

Dan