Old January 1st 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Michael Horowitz

Default ? Screw head diameter?

MS24593 is a flat head machine screw with a 6-32 shank/thread. In this
application the diameter of the screwhead is important.

I went to HD and bought a 6-32 machine screw to see what length I
needed (the original having rusted beyond recognition). I compared the
HD screw with the MS and noticed it was 1/4" dia. as compared to 3/8",
so I'm wondering if I order the MS screw if the head will be large
enough.

The difference I'm seeing is caused by the 100^ angle on the MS screw,
but I don't know if the final diameter will match the original.

Would anyone with experience with the MS24593 screw please weigh in? -
Mike