Old April 18th 04, 07:13 PM
Tank Fixer

In article ,
on Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:12:51 -0400,
Paul F Austin attempted to say .....

"Ragnar" wrote

"Mutts" wrote ...

Wouldnt a cannon on a police helicopter solve a lot of
problems for law enforcement?

Excellent question! I've always thought they should put at least an M-60

on
the police choppers. Would put a stop to the car chases real quick.

That sounds about right. If the police are going to use armed helos, they
need sufficient firepower. I would want at_least_an M60 turret welded on the
bottom of each one. Maybe an M1 turret would be better. Or two. Can't have
enough firepower.

This concept will require much study and then a good number of prototypes.

I estimate we could field helicopters suitably modified in 8 to 12 years if
I had a budget of 32M a year.....
That's purely for R&D, production costs not included...

--
When dealing with propaganda terminology one sometimes always speaks in
variable absolutes. This is not to be mistaken for an unbiased slant.