Old November 24th 15, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default MKIII yaw string sale

On Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 2:45:29 PM UTC-6, bumper wrote:
Like the Spitfire of WWII fame that inspired it's name, the "high tech" yaw
string improves again, with the MKIV replacing the MKIII. Front line units
are already being equipped with the IV.

Normally I throw away old stock if I've made an improvement, and start
selling the new, better one right away (probably not smart from a P/L
perspective). This time I've decided to sell the limited number of MKIII's
remaining at clearance price of $6 USD, 40% off the regular price of $10.
Contact me by email for availability - - first come etc.

The new MKIV's clear base looks almost identical to the MKIII it replaces.
The base is now made from a softer plastic to better conform to the canopy
curve. The base also has a thermoformed yarn channel that, along with the
new plastics better adhesion properties, should eliminate the cosmetic
problem of bubbles sometimes forming in the base laminate.

The new MKIV base required different tooling and assembly processes, and is
more tedious to assemble . . . still, price remains $10 USD (includes
domestic shipping). Available in natural wool (red, royal blue, light blue,
yellow) or synthetic yarn (previous colors plus white and turquoise).

bumper
zz
Minden NV
bumperm at att dot net