Old November 25th 15, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default MKIII yaw string sale

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 7:32:35 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
On my recent visit to Minden I purchased both the MKIV yaw string
and the Quiet Vent.* I'm extremely pleased with both.

Hadn't heard about any g-string.* Is that for aerobatic pilots?*
What prevents it from drooping?
8-)
--

Dan, 5J

Dan,

There's been incredible interest in the MK1 Mod-a G-string. It's been in the works for years. But lots of bugs and issues. Wife won't let me hire the models needed to get the kinks sorted out . . . trying to push this further would doubtless be a dead end for me.

This thread was from '09!

MKIII . . . ah, the memories :c), been replaced by the MKIV several years back, and the MKIV has had improvements over it's run and should be at least a MKV or MKVI by now. But then that would mean recertification and all the associated costs, tests for flight into known icing, firing frozen chickens at it, that sort of thing.

I seldom get orders direct anymore (except from the wife), MKIV's are mostly sold by the major on-line soaring suppliers; Cumulus Soaring, Craggy Aero, and Wings & Wheels. I've finally hit the big time but will still need crowd funding for a suitable corporate jet. Haven't decided if it should be a sustainer or a self launch.

bumper