Old April 12th 16, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Canopy Ejection and Canopy Lanyard

Though the Stemme S10 did not originally come equipped with a rear canopy leash for it's double wide wind sail canopy, most owners quickly add them to prevent the otherwise almost certain hinge damage.

I *always* removed the canopy attach end of mine before flight. To make this step go easier, I threaded the end of the cord through a short length of flexible tubing and then tied the cord end back around to make the tubing into a snug loop on the rear canopy handle.

Better to have the canopy go away clean than than take the risk.

bumper
ZZ
MKIV yaw string and Quiet Vent
Minden