Old June 15th 04, 02:34 PM
SFM

Glad you had a good experience with the new Lightspeeds. Mine kept having
the battery cover fall off and then the earcups started separating. I had
done the upgrade from the 20XLs, my wifes QFRs required maintenance so I
decided enough was enough and would not risk a headset failure in IMC. SO
off to ebay they went. I have since used a set David Clarks with their ANR
and have been very happy. They fit fine and I do not notice and clamping. I
like the lower profile than the LS plus these things seem bullet proof! No
problems whats so ever in the past 13 months of use. Plus so far I have only
had to replace the 9v battery once, (about the same batt life as the LS
20XLs)

Scott

Catch the wave!
www.hamwave.com

**"A long time ago being crazy meant something, nowadays everyone is
crazy" -- Charles Manson**
-------------------------------------
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Jay, what is the latest on your "freebie's"?

After nearly a year of use, the Twenty 3Gs that Lightspeed's president

gave
me last year at OSH '03 have been absolutely bulletproof -- to the point
where I have now purchased another pair for ourselves, and another pair as

gift.

Their new headsets are everything the previous models were not, combining
Lightspeed's typical comfort and performance with the robustness and
durability that any work-a-day headsets should possess.

I am firmly back in the Lightspeed camp -- IMHO you can buy from them with
confidence once again.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck