Old April 15th 04, 10:49 PM
Dweezil Dwarftosser

Tex Houston wrote:

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
Quibble: the authorized 2nd Bomb Wing symbol has only ONE
fleur-de-lys.

Hmmm, I can't find one at the moment, and I stopped wearing one after
graduating from Weapons School in DEC 00, but I thought there were two???

http://www.au.af.mil/au/afhra/wwwroo...ges/0002bw.php

It seems like the AF emblem (re)designers are changing a
lot of stuff that's been around, unchanged for for almost
90 years.
The 43rd TFS, for example, my first real squadron out of
tech school. Ops had old photos on the walls of WW I
planes sporting almost exactly the same design I wore.
(Almost exactly, because the squadron designation had
changed over the years: Pursuit/Tactical Fighter/just
plain Fighter...)
The only thing the current 43rd emblem has in common with
history is that it includes a (skinnier) bumblebee wearing
boxing gloves. The emblem outline is today some avant-garde
lazy "S" shape.