Old January 18th 20, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default WWGC.

On Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 8:34:08 AM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
On Friday, January 17, 2020 at 8:56:23 PM UTC-5, Tom BravoMike wrote:

So the solution is... to stop fighting it. Make the teams on the ground be part of the 'team flying'

That's what's been going on for the last decade. Check around. There's much history here. The technology arms race led to a ground controlled sport that many find unsatisfying. IGC now trying to find the way back to a more individual sport. Rules enforcement, as we observe, is problematic.

T8

The IGC is responding to pilots and teams that are demanding actions to reduce the effect of ground controlled glider competition. Without action, some countries have indicated that their future participation is questionable.
Delayed tracking has been needed for some time.
My view is that IGC should respond in a very harsh way to the offending team management to send a message that this kind if cheating will not be tolerated.
It is sad that the performances of the Aussie ladies will be tarnished because we can't know if their performances were fair.
FWIW
UH