Old July 16th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberman[_3_]

Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On Jul 16, 3:59*pm, Mark Hansen wrote:

Why don't you think 91.185 applies once you break out of the clouds?
Did you cancel your IFR clearance at that point? If not, aren't you
still flying by IFR?

Actually it's a visual, I didn't mean VFR.

My point being landing is not an instrument procedure and has it's own
set of rules.

I don't think light guns apply to IFR procedures, but we all have to
land, and that landing clearance rules are distinctly different then
the approach clearance rules given in 91.185. Otherwise, I would
imagine the 91.185 would have light gun references in there?