Old September 26th 18, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Cambridge 302 Utility

Dave
What I like about the system I have is that it is two separate computer systems running.
I've got the 302/303 connected which does all the above I mentioned and you can configure the 302 with the 303 to some extent. Put you name in there settings etc, check the GPS lock, but you know all this. Then I've got my PowerFlarm hooked to my Oudie, with the Flarm GPS signal feeding the Oudie. Now I've got 2 turnpoints running at once, two final glides and 2 wind calcs. Going long distance XC its nice to have the two turnpoints running at the same time, you can easily leapfrog them along to the nearest airport.
And all this stuff above works great, Having the powerflarm hooked to the Oudie is really great, the traffic advisories are fantastic! I've gotten two conflict warnings now that has made the whole system well worthwhile, both would have been very close if not actual midairs with powered aircraft. Did not see either one.
Thread drift button OFF sorry..