Old October 10th 03, 07:49 PM
Tobias Dussa

Thomas Borchert writes:
I am just curious as
to why our experiences differ so much.

Headsets are an extremely personal thing. Experiences are bound to vary
hugely.

Of course the impressions are personal, but I figure that any distortion
of sound bad enough to render speech unreadable should be universally
detectable. If my headset were borderline, audio-quality-wise, then I
would not be surprised to hear someone say there is enough distortion
to make speech unreadable, but my pair is excellent, so I am somewhat
astonished.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned prices, too.

Prices don't matter when discussing technical differences and/or
problems. Prices do matter when it comes to making decisions by
weighting the pros and cons, but not when talking about sound
quality per se. BTW, regardless of the price of their headsets as
compared to Bose or whatever, they are clearly more than capable of
producing a decent-quality pair of headphones. In fact, given their
non-aviation product line, I do expect any Sennheiser product to be
top-of-the-line, at the very least with regard to audio quality.

Thus my astonishment.

Cheers,
Toby.
--
The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article, then
hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and **** his dog