Old January 5th 15, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Biplane rigging question

wrote:
On Monday, February 5, 2001 7:59:03 AM UTC+11, Dick Ripper wrote:
I'm researching a personal project and have run across the following
statement which I don't understand and wonder if someone could explain it to
me:
"Most people don't know how to rig a biplane (I don't)
and this one is rigged a bit differently than most.
He designed the thing so that in LEVEL flight, you'd
be flying on the top wing ONLY, so as to give a
heavier wing loading".
I understand "heavier wing loading" but am at a loss on how the plane flies
only on one or the top wing due to rigging. I assume "rigging" is the
tension/compression loading of the flying wires and struts??

Thanks , Dick

It is fairly common for the built in angle of incidence of the top wings

snip

I am pretty sure in that in the 14 years that have passed since the
question was asked that it was answered.

--
Jim Pennino