Old October 7th 03, 03:05 PM
Andrew Warbrick

I think this is an idiosyncracy of LS glider manuals.
Every LS owner I know (bar one) disobeys the manual
and rigs the forked wing first (including me). I have,
however, tried it the other way and it makes no noticeable
difference.

At 13:00 07 October 2003, Graeme Cant wrote:
Steve wrote:

Mosquito, Libelle and Kestrel all go Forked wing first.
I am
begnining to think it may be a wing stability issue.
Wider is Better
as far as spar stub on fuselage goes.

Schleicher also. I guess you could be right about
stability but I
always saw it a simply a matter of locating the spar
correctly as it
slid in. The fork fills the fuselage cavity, the knife
doesn't.

GC